Saturday, June 7, 2008

IMU interview

i attended the IMU interview yesterday. my first impression of IMU was the offices inside the building were pretty scattered and quite messy, but well, maybe it's because they were doing renovation that would be completed during July.

i was so nervous shit in the morning as my interview was in the afternoon. sigh. was interviewed by 1 Chinese man and 1 Indian man, both doctors, no they aren't young, in fact they looked kinda scary. lol. somebody didn't show up for the interview, so i went in earlier, as fast as possible i wanted to get the interview done and over with it.

i thought it was pretty short, not that i ain't grateful it was short, but it induced me to think, maybe they already have enough people for that intake, therefore they didn't really want to waste time 'interrogating' me with questions? sigh. i thought i was pretty calm and composed while entering the room, but then i always speak fast when im nervous. especially when they asked me to introduce myself, adrenaline was still pumping in me. ughhh.

the questions were

1. tell me about yourself. i think i shouldn't have told him that my dad works as an economist, because he asked me why do economists always say, "this might happen, or probably would happen" but never exactly say the right answer. LOL! i forgotten what i've said, but i think i should have joked and said, "so they wouldn't get into trouble for saying something that didn't happen in the end."

2. why did you choose IMU, and why medicine?

3. are you a squeamish person, like if i throw a rat at you, would you be afraid? that means you're not afraid of blood, or gory stuff?

4. did you go to the IMU's website? so, did you read about the curriculum where there's something about problem-based learning (PBL)? luckily, i had prepared for that curriculum question, so i managed to answer it, and he even said, "very good" after i explained what was PBL.

5. and then the case study. "you're a lecturer, and you have helped your students very much and they got flying colours in their exam, and now the parents want to reward you with an expensive reward, would you accept it? and why?" which i thought i pretty messed it up, because i talked before i think. ughhhh. i became nervous all of a sudden when one of them kept pestering me with questions. lol. then i had to change my decision as a consequence of my speak-before-thinking. ugghhh!!! but one of them actually said, "don't worry, you did well, you have the right to change your decision, and you showed compassion..." =.=" and then the other interviewer asked, "is RM 1 an expensive reward?" and i said, "well, it is to a poor person." and he said, "yes, thats why..."

and then that was the end of it, and they opened for questions, and i asked them 1, and they explained it to me pretty patiently. haha.

well, whatever the outcome is, but i hope i really can get it, sigh, im glad it's over now. phew!! *wipes sweat*

9 comments:

SM said...

you did great, even praised by a Doctor, so be confident. I was wondering, what was the question you asked them? just being curious

Wern Ching said...

sigh. i don't know. sigh. my only hope, if not i have to say bye-bye to my dream, so pathetic huh. i asked them, "so, can i get it?" =P
nah, of cuz not, it's just a ques about IMU somethign abt going overseas. LOL!

Shambavi said...

Hey I'm going for my IMU Interview this thurs...
I just have one question for u. So did u get in?
=)))

Wern Ching said...

@shambavi yes. if you might have read my posts after this... (:

spoilttbratt said...

can i know what other things did you prepare for prior to the interview? i'm having the interview next week, and i kinda stutter when i'm nervous so i'm scared. :/ they don't rush you to answer, do they? and do they ask like general knowledge questions?

loveangel said...

Hey there, i just prepared the questions that are posted above. Don't worry, the interview is not as scary as you think, just take your time and answer...they won't rush you. no, there's no general knowledge questions as far as i know. (:
All the best! Most probably you will get in... :D

Christopher Sng said...

Hi, can I know how long it usually takes until the interview result is released?

Regards,
Christopher.

Anonymous said...

@Loveangel: Congratulations on that, though I presume you have became a doctor about 1-2 years ago, haha :)

I will be attending an interview session next Thursday, hopefully can have good performance on that session, haha.

Unknown said...

@Loveangel Woah this was so many years ago. Oh do i need to have rich working experiences before the interview?? do i need to go for shadowing or some volunteering?? Thank you hope u will reply me. I applied to medical schools in uk, but got rejected. So, need to consider IMU