Thursday, May 15, 2008

the ever burning candles

ugghhhh!!! i wanted Syesha to stay, man, i am sad, but it was sooo predictable, 3 of them are awesome singers. why can't Ryan Seacrest announce, "nobody would be eliminated tonight!" blah. i hope David Cook wins, he has the look, the talent, and the voice of a star!

tonight, i dedicate this post to all the teachers who had educated me, crossed and touched my life. i wouldn't mention all the teachers but to just pick a few that i will always remember and cherish.

most of my memories during my primary school years has kinda vanished. but i know there were 3 teachers who i did not despise! they were my Primary 2, 3 and 4 form teachers. i think they were the rare teachers in Lick Hung who spared the rod, they don't punish students without a very good reason. yes, believe me, Lick Hung's teachers were ferocious during my days, man, thay carry a 'rotan' everywhere, wrapped around with thick cellophane tapes or several layers of rubber bands. 3 of them were really nice teachers. Primary 2 was also actually the happiest year of my six years in school. i remember that my p2 teacher got sick and had to go away for a period of time, our class was so sad upon hearing that. haha. about 1 or 2 years later, she came back, so i guess she has recovered. hope they are still doing good.

primary 2 class picture
haha! i bet you can't spot me! no! =P

then i embarked into secondary school. honestly, most of my teachers in my Alma Mater are really really nice people, helpful and all. would be proud to say that my school has the best teachers. HAHA! but of course, there were a few teachers i abhored, especially the teacher that had a prejudiced against Red Crescent Society, where i was actively involved in it throughout my school years.

the next teacher would be my Mandarin teacher for 5 years, Pn. Aik. Shan Miao saw here the other day and i dared her to say hi but instead it went the other way around. HAHA! she even commented that Shan Miao had gained weight. don't worry, you would look good on sports day! =P *can't wait to see PBSM* this teacher, really, i have to say, she really 'sayang' me as she really cared about me. i can say that she's a really competent Mandarin teacher, knows her stuff, very nice but maybe sometimes abit the 'pilih kasih' -lah. haha! still remember she had all praises for me when she met my mother, and kept saying that how lucky my mum was to have a daughter like me. YA RIGHT! *she doesn't really know the truth* nervetheless, despite how much i hated Mandarin, i still got an A2 for it, thanks to my very dedicated Mandarin teacher. =) *damn, i think i lost the picture i took with her, hmmm...*

moving on would be Pn. Lalitha, my form teacher for 3 consecutive years up till Form 5. she retired during May 2006, and yeah, our class was really sad that she had to leave us as she is a very good Chemistry teacher, although sometimes she gets blur blur abit, but that makes her interesting right. HAHA! and i really loved Chemistry during those days. i still remember vividly that she was demonstrating some experiment by putting a lighted stick into a tes-tube, she missed the test-tube instead, and the stick went right outside the tube, yeah, we totally laughed! one more thing, she would always lecture us before the class starts, only because we were so talkative! and the lecture could last about 10 minutes! she would say, "you see -ah, people..." and there goes the lecture. of course it's for our own good i know! HAHA! man, i kinda miss those days...

5 Science 1's beloved Chemistry teacher and mentor

from left to right :: Pn. Lalitha, Chai Yee, Hui Yin, me, Yuet Kwan, Shan Miao

and then there were Pn. Lee (Add Maths), Pn. Beh (Maths), Pn. Chong (Physics), Pn. Siti Norizan (BM), Pn. Sarojini (Moral), they were all really nice and good teachers! HAHA!

last but not least, my favourite Biology lecturer, Ms. Durga in college. she really made a difference in my life and gave me the motivational spirit for me to actually excel in at least 1 subject. she just made me like Biology so much and made me to believe in myself much more. a really friendly and nice teacher, but no, don't expect to climb onto her head or even step on her tail, for the consequences can be very dangerous. HAHA! she can be really scary when she is flaming mad. LOL! she's the type of young teacher who knows when to be strict and when to joke and play around. =) furthermore, she's definately a helpful teacher whenever we approach her with questions. and she's really caring and stuff. i've realised though she would always ask me, "can -ah?", "sure?" after she explained the questions i've asked. friends said she treats me exceptionally good. haha. i don't really know about that. what i know is that i will always remember her words, her guidance and actions. thank you teacher.


i still remember one day she didn't realise that i was in class, nowander she didn't call me whereas she called everybody else, and when she came in front abit to discuss papers...
"ohmygwad! WC, i didn't know you were in class, did you just came in or were you here all the while?"
"just now i was finding for you, can't see you, i thought you were at home studying..."
i really that invisible -meh. HAHA! the way she said OMG i thought what had happened. =.="

"A teacher affects eternity, she/he can never tell where her/his influence stops." - Henry Adams

Happy Teacher's Day!
'n'
Thank You!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?